Prior to baby making, life had a lot more free time to pick up and go… go run, go yoga, go do whatever! So here are some tips and some posts about working in your workouts after babies change your schedule.
- Find other FIT mommas. They make great workout buddies and can relate to so much that’s going on in your life. Come join us, we have lots of fit moms! You can also look for a Stroller Fit group, a Moms Run This Town group or another mom related fit group.
- Include your little one(s) when you can!
- Stroller pushing will make you that much stronger
- Do some yoga with your little one [posts below]
- Set the timer for X minutes and just MOVE! Dance, play, chase your little(s) around the house… just keep moving!
- As they get older, kids can run with you! Check out the RRCA suggestions on strategies and distances for youth running.
- Enlist help & make a plan for childcare. You are allowed some mommy time to make yourself healthier! Some gyms, clubs and yoga studios even offer childcare.
- Alleviate the guilt. A happy, fit momma is a better momma! Don’t let negativity override your commitment to a healthier you. J. Lo said it best, “Make your own happiness and wholeness a priority [exercising, eating right, positive affirmations], so you can then share that happiness with others in your life.”
- Wake up early. Hah! If you know me, this isn’t an option. Neither of my littles slept very well (like STILL waking up 1-3 times at one year old!) and I’ve really never been a morning person anyhow. But if you can do it, go for it! Good for you. I’ll be sleeping in, waking up with coffee and doing my workout later in the day. 🙂 Read this awesome blog post about trying to become a morning person.
Posts related to FIT MOMMAS