The best calorie-burning, stress relieving, social exercise out there (in our opinion anyhow!)
Benefits of running are endless and some of our favorites are…
- Improves physical health (cholesterol, lung function, immune system, heart, bone density, prevents/lowers diseases and other health risks including cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure). Whew ~ there are enough reasons right there!!
- Helps weight loss/maintenance; studies show it is the BEST calorie-burner out there
- Relieves stress & anxiety
- Improves mental health ~ boosts your endorphins & confidence. You will feel ON TOP OF THE WORLD after you complete your first distance race = 🙂
Check out some of our previous posts below, as well as our RUNNING category from the drop down menu on the right sidebar!
Running – General
- Top ten reasons to RUN
- Five ways to spark your love affair with RUNNING
- Five tips for running in the dark // Runner Safety
- If you run, you need good shoes. Period.
- Finding your next race… or maybe your first!
- Pre-race Jitters // Why they happen & how to manage them
- It’s Race Week! // Tips & info
- Running, Yoga & Hips
- 10 Reasons You Should Be Training For a Race With Friends [ClassPass Guest post]
- Running + Yoga = Synergy
- Lan – #whyirun
- Amanda – #whyirun
- How to lose weight with running (podcast recap from Coach Jenny Hadfield)
Running – Workouts & Training
- Speed Training // Fartleks & intervals & tempos, oh my!
- Treadmill Interval Training I
- Treadmill Interval Training II // Ladder
- Interval Running (short – needs updated)
- Yoga poses/stretches for runners and #whyirun [Teresa]
Are you a visual learner? Check out this infographic below, brought to you by NordicTrack…
Sources & more info: