Yoga is a perfect compliment to a runner’s workout routine (& vice versa).
Research suggests that yoga…
- combats stress
- assists with weight loss
- helps promote recovery & muscle relaxation [restorative yoga]
- increases strength & flexibility which can help prevent injuries & can improve running performance [and therefore race times!]
You just FEEL BETTER after you’re done with a yoga session, physically & mentally! We have embraced yoga as part of our regular workout routine, sometimes post-run, sometimes as a stand alone workout. Heck, we even started our very own #MilesandMats hashtag! 🙂 Visit the posts below and check back frequently for more info & tips on our love affair as runner-yogis.
Living Fit [Columbus] posts on YOGA…
- Why I Yoga
- Yoga + Run = Synergy
- More Yoga Benefits for Runners
- Baby [& momma!] Yoga
- 30 day yoga challenge
- Yoga in Columbus
- How many calories?
- Tight hips – short post
- Running, yoga & hips – full post
For feedback on places we’ve checked out, visit our Tour of Columbus page
More TIPS & INFO ON YOGA FOR RUNNERS…
- Four reasons runners need to do yoga [Do Yoga Run Faster]
- The benefits of Yoga for runners [Fit Day]
- How Yoga can help your running [Runner’s World]
- 3 Reasons Runners Need Yoga [ClassPass]
- Yoga for runners online class [Coach Sage Rountree]
Local posts about YOGA…
That’s a lot of info right there! I hate to admit what a difference stretching makes bc I also want to skip the post stretch……….but I’m getting far to old to do that
That’s 2 clever by half and 2×2 clever 4 me. Thanks!