Yoga is a perfect compliment to a runner’s workout routine (& vice versa).
Research suggests that yoga…
- combats stress
- assists with weight loss
- helps promote recovery & muscle relaxation [restorative yoga]
- increases strength & flexibility which both helps prevent injuries & can improve running performance, and therefore race times
You just FEEL BETTER after you’re done with a yoga session, physically & mentally! We have embraced yoga as part of our regular workout routine, sometimes post-run, sometimes as a stand alone workout. Heck, we even started our very own #MilesandMats hashtag! 🙂 Visit the posts below and check back frequently for more info & tips on our love of yoga.
Living Fit [Columbus] posts on YOGA…
- Yoga + Run = Synergy
- More Yoga Benefits for Runners
- Baby [& momma!] Yoga
- 30 day yoga challenge
- Yoga in Columbus
- How many calories?
- Tight hips – short post
- Running, yoga & hips – full post
Need some new yoga [sweat] apparel? Check out our favorites…
More TIPS & INFO ON YOGA FOR RUNNERS…
- The benefits of Yoga for runners
- How Yoga can help your running [Runner’s World]
- 3 Reasons Runners Need Yoga [ClassPass]
- Yoga for runners online class [Coach Sage Rountree]