Many of us now have little ones at home. How do we incorporate a love of fitness within them? How do we incorporate them into our fitness regimens and runs? We hope to update this page over time, adding more information. For now, here are a few quick tidbits!
RUNNING & YOUTH
Since we are mostly runners, we’ll start with that! Want to encourage your kids to run with you, but not sure how far is too far? Safe running distances, as recommended by RRCA in their post “Fundamentals of youth running” are recapped below.
- Children 5 and under // “dash” events that range from a few yards to 400 meters
- Children 5 and over /// kids fun runs that are a ½ to 1 mile long, but allow for a combination of running and walking
- Children ages 12 and over // 5K run
- Children ages 15 and older // 10K to half marathon event
- Children 18 and older // marathon
Incorporate your littles into your yoga routine!
Take your love of the great outdoors, and share it with your family! Here are some previous posts, we are adding to these every summer! We are also working on the Columbus Parks Passport, why not join us!
- Ten Fav Places to Run, Hike & Enjoy the Great Outdoors in Central Ohio
- 2018 Metro Parks Passport Program