Whitney Carlson’s 21 Day Jump Start Fitness Challenge
Click here to see phase one.
Phase two consists of…
- eating lots of veggies ~ I’m talking LOTS, more than I’ve ever eaten within a 16 day period in my entire life
- eating (no more than) 3 servings of fruit
- eating lean protein; healthy meats, beans and TLS shakes
- eating (no more than) 2 servings of low GI starches which can include squash & sweet potatoes
- No carbs/gluten
- VERY limited fats which can include ONE SERVING of advocado, egg yolk or healthy oils (olive, coconut)
- a customized FAT-BURNING workout routine. Whitney has us exercising six days per week, five of which include strength training and three+ cardio days.
DAY SIXTEEN, my personal thoughts…
- Down about 5 pounds! Lost 6 during the detox phase, but gained one back last week after adding back in protein and starches. I put the scale away this week so I wouldn’t be tempted. It is supposed to be more about INCHES and less about POUNDS.
- Learning to eat cleaner, don’t have (as many) sugar cravings. Haven’t had any chocolate in sixteen days, which is an accomplishment in and of itself for me.
- Like the camaraderie (we have a FaceBook group) and being in touch with like-minded fitness folks with similar goals.
- Been a lot more focused on my FITness goals during this process. Great to have this JUMP START!
- Headaches for first 4 days of detox, off and on
- Tired and cranky during detox (mostly the whole 7 days, according to my students :))
- Now that we can have protein, I definitely have more energy. However, after almost passing out last week during a run (low blood sugar maybe?) I did ‘cheat’ and have half of a whole grain english muffin with some peanut butter before our 8 mile run this past Saturday. I decided my body needed the glucose! And I’m pretty sure I burned it off 🙂
- Went to a wedding Saturday and fell off the wagon a bit. Luckily I had run 8 miles and walked 1 mile that AM, so hoping the 900+ calorie burn compensated for some of the wedding cheats. Why is it so hard to be healthy when you’re out being social? Glad I put that scale away!
Be sure to check in early next week when we reveal our total inches/weight loss amounts and MAYBE some before/after photos! We don’t want to scare you away though…
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please contact Whitney if you’re interested in pursuing a fitness challenge of your own!
Click HERE to see DAY ONE and Teresa’s Weight Loss Journey.
“My body, like my life, is a work in progress!” ~ Jessica Simpson, Weight Watchers spokes-momma
Here’s to LOSING weight while GAINING confidence and an even happier, healthier, FIT life!
Photo credit to; espressoandcream.com