We woke up to several inches of snow today!
As it gets colder, a lot of us cut back on our running miles and perhaps even exercise in general. There is so much shopping, baking, traveling, holiday movie watching to do that we often get busy and don’t make time.
Here are some ways to keep yourself moving during this busy, COLD time of year…
- Sign up for a winter race… A few some of us are participating in…
- Third Annual Turkey Trot 5K in Waterford Village, Thanksgiving Day @ 9AM
- Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis, Sat Dec 6 @ 19AM
- Lan is running the Disney marathon in January
- Sign up for a distance race in the spring or summer to motivate yourself to keep running through winter. Try to get outside or on the treadmill at LEAST once per week… you don’t want to lose that mileage endurance! Some we are looking at…
- Jen & Christine signed up for the Mini Marathon in Indy
- Others are looking at the Derby Festival and of course, Cap City
- If finances allow, join a gym or other type of fitness place for the cold winter months! Some of our favorites include…
- Dublin recreation center
- Lifetime Fitness
- Orange Theory Fitness
- Harbor yoga & other studios around Columbus
- Tight on cash?
- Take advantage of lululemon Polaris & Easton, as well as other apparel stores that offer complimentary yoga and fitness classes!
- Find a running group to join. You can see our Living Fit winter schedule HERE.
- Bundle up and get outside to PLAY! Remember when you were a kid and loved to play outside? The doggies certainly love it! You can run, walk, jump, roll, sled (hill climbing!) ~ just get moving! You’ll burn calories and warm up. If going running, dress for success.
That’s all for now! Off to bundle up and go get active in this snow!!!