J Lo was on Dr. Oz the other day. Due to a busy life, I don’t watch the show regularly, but I do record it now and then if the topic(s) or celebrity guests intrigue me. She had some great advice on HEALTH, LIFE & LOVE!
Dr. Oz gave her the whole ‘Q & A’ session first…
Q: You’re in your 40s now ~ how do you handle health issues [lack of energy, aches, pains, weight gain] that arise?
A: Tries to handle aging with grace & by staying healthy [mind, body, spirit]
Q: You’re known for your ‘booty’… how did you get such a comfortable body image? Have you ever had body image issues?
A: She likes being curvy and not ‘skinny’ ~ its her idea of beautiful! Her mom was curvy and her dad loved it! “It was a beautiful thing to be curvy.” She had some ‘moments’ after she had babies and decided to do a triathlon, which helped her get back into shape.
Q: What advice do you have for women?
A: Make your own happiness and wholeness a priority [exercising, eating right, positive affirmations], so you can then share that happiness with others in your life.
Jennifer’s tips on getting into shape, getting healthy & having a positive well-being
- Drinks LOTS of water throughout the day [Dr Oz says to drink it until your urine is clear]
- No smoking, no drinking, limited sun exposure
- Sleep – usually gets between 6-8 hours, tries for 7-9 hours, loves 11 when she can get it
- Does daily meditation and affirmations ~ thinks positive thoughts, loves herself
- Starts the day out with a healthy breakfast ~ Berry Berry smoothie/shake made with Body Lab protein powder, greek yogurt, fruit & dallop of honey- low calorie, high protein
I enjoyed the show [clearly, I wrote a blog post!] and can’t wait to try her smoothie!
Off to bed to get my 7+ hours… shouldn’t you?!
Photo credits to: wellbuzz.com, bodylab.com
JLo Triatholon photo/caption credit to Obsessed with the Nest