SK Palmer [Guest Blogger]
This recipe will not only make your mouth water, but it’ll have your house smelling great too! It’s super quick and good for snacking or if you have a craving for something sweet. Healthy at only 138 calories per serving, and it’s packed with 4.6 grams of protein. This honey glazed almond recipe is more than enough to satisfy your taste buds!
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds in a medium nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat for 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Add honey mixture to pan, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Arrange almond mixture on prepared baking sheet in a single layer; let stand 10 minutes.
- Break apart any clusters & enjoy!
Recipe & photo credits: Myrecipes.com