Lauren recently moved here from New York and we first connected with her on social media [Instagram can do great things!] A fellow fitness blogger and runner, I was excited to hear that she was moving here to Cbus. She attended one of our Tour of Columbus field trips where we were doing a group yoga class and has been coming to group runs here and there ever since. Lauren is one of our strongest runners and one of the sweetest people you’ll ever run with! She stays active and travels, both for business & pleasure, so we don’t see her as much as we’d like, but we’ll take what time we can get with her. 🙂 Read on to learn a little more about LC…
Ten FIT facts about Lauren
What is your motivation for LIVING FIT?
I’ve always been an active person. I played volleyball, basketball and softball all through high school and continued with volleyball through my sophomore year of college. Playing sports helped me realize the importance of fitness from an early age, but it wasn’t until I picked up running that I truly felt the benefits of living fit. Whether it’s 26.2 or a quick mile on the treadmill, I know that after my run is over I’ll feel like a million bucks (endorphins, what!) and I’ll be ready to conquer anything life throws my way!
What are some of your favorite fitness memories or accomplishments?
- Getting lost on a run in London. It was the 2nd day of my trip and my first ever “solo vacation.” I decided to map out a route near my hostel ahead of time, but I somehow got completely lost and ended up in the most beautiful garden I’ve ever seen. I later realized it was The Regent’s Park, a massive 410 acre park in north-west London. At that point I didn’t care I was lost I just kept running and enjoying the scenery, it was pretty magical. 🙂
- Finishing my first marathon. I couldn’t feel my legs but tears of joy were rolling down my cheeks and the moment that race volunteer put the medal around my neck is hands down one of the best moments of my life.
What does your typical weekly workout look like?
When I’m training for a race I typically run 4-5 days a week with a long run on Saturday. I try to do yoga 1-2 times a week especially on Friday nights because I’ve found that yoga the day before a long run is extremely beneficial.
A few of Lauren’s favorite things…
- How she sweats: Running!
- Favorite FIT place around Columbus: Olentangy Greenway Trail. Thank you Columbus Recreation and Parks! I also love GoYoga in Powell.
- Favorite race distance(s): 13.1- Half marathon
- FOOD choices…
- Healthy food – Toast topped with avocado, tomato, salt + pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, yum!
- Cheat food/meal/dessert – French fries, allllllll day!
- Pre-race meal – toast with peanut butter
- Race fuel – Watermelon Sports Beans
- Favorite workout gear/apparel
- Garmin Forerunner 610 watch
- Asics Gt-2000s
- Brooks Utopia Soft Shell Reflective Jacket
- Fit Goals – Run Ragnar
Mantra(s) to live by…
- “Running- Seeing the world and getting a workout at the same time”
- “She turned her cant’s into cans and dreams into plans”
Last question. Since we often meet up for coffee, how do you take yours?
Thanks for your time Lauren, can’t wait to see more of you on the trails this year!
Check out some of our previous interviews on our FIT-spotlight page.