We took a family trip to Puerto Rico this past spring break and absolutely LOVED it. The sun, the sand, the hispanic culture, the views and activities in Old San Juan… such great adventures and memories!
We typically use Lisa from Creative Vacations for our “bigger” trips including this one, our honeymoon to Riviera Maya, Mexico & our last family trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Using a trusted travel agent can help make sure you’re staying in safe locations, give you lots of travel tips you may not think of, arrange reliable transportation and more! Lisa helped us find the most beautiful resort and as loyal Marriott customers, we booked the San Juan Marriott Resort. My mom spoiled us and upgraded our rooms to ocean view so we spent many mornings drinking coffee from our balcony and it was an added benefit to have during the baby’s nap time.
Per usual as fitness lovers and bloggers, we made sure to incorporate exercise into our week! Not only are long runs and bike rides great ways to see new places, they make for adventurous memories! Whenever I’m traveling over spring break, it seems I’m training for a half marathon… this year we are preparing for the Kentucky Blue Grass half and needed to get in 10 miles, which we did! Below is a quick recap of our weekly adventures, mostly in pictures… aren’t they worth 1,000 words anyhow?
8 mile bike ride to Old San Juan (with yoga stops, of course!)
Hiking at the rainforest, El Yunque
#stopdropandyoga with the kids
10 mile long run to Old San Juan (with water breaks & yoga stops)
Top five things we loved:
- Tons of options for fitness including bike rentals (we got ours directly from the Marriott), running paths, hiking and more
- The gorgeous blue water and breathtaking coastal views
- The location of the Marriott and walking distance to shops, restaurants and tons of things to do
- Old San Juan – history, shopping, views, activities
Things we didn’t love:
- The traffic coming home from the Rainforest – there was a World Baseball Classic going on and it took us HOURS to get back to the hotel
- At the time of this trip, all-inclusive options were not available
My mom lived in Puerto Rico for five years as a kid and is fluent in Spanish so it is always fun to come here (this was my second time visiting). It is an amazing destination and we’ll definitely be back someday!
**Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own