Peanut butter is DELICIOUS and if you buy NATURAL, can be low in sugar and high in protein… two good things! It is high in fat, however, so too much of a good thing can be bad if you’re trying to lose weight.
These strategies will help you get the same great flavor with a lower calorie/fat count…
- If a recipe allows, use peanut flour as its lower in fat & calories than regular pb
- Mixing in the greek yogurt lowers the fat & calories and then a little pb can go a longer way!
This dip is also a healthy alternative to the yummy, but unhealthy fruit dip some make with marshmallow fluff and cream cheese.
Yummy, creamy, dreamy [clean] peanut butter dip
- 1 tb Krema natural peanut butter or two tb peanut flour
- 2-3 tb of non-fat PLAIN greek yogurt (no extra sugar!)
- Dash of Cinnamon if you’d like
- Pinch of maple syrup or stevia (I won’t be adding this, currently following a clean, no-sugar meal plan)
Blend, mix, serve with fruit!