Upcoming Yoga Events
We are attending these events the next two days for our YOGA CHALLENGE.
- Thursday July 17 – Yoga day #17 – POGA – recap below
- A few Living Fit Columbus/Ptown Run Club members will be meeting at 5:45PM @ Bicentennial Park to get in a pre-yoga run [2.5 – 3 miles EZ]
- POGA then takes place at Bicentennial Park @ 6:30PM 🙂
- Friday, July 18 – Yoga day #18 – Kid’s Yoga – overview/recap here
- Kid’s Yoga hosted by GoYoga @ Polaris Fashion Place from 10:30AM-noon [outdoors by the fountain area near Cheesecake Factory] Sunny95 & Ivivva.com will be present too!
Yoga Challenge – Day #16
Nothing too creative here today. We simply repeated Monday/day 14 workout…
- 1/2 mile warmup jog
- JasYoga’s pre-run yoga poses/stretches for runners
- 3 mile jog
- JasYoga’s post-run recovery poses/stretches for runners
You can find the yoga stretches on lululemon’s blog by clicking the links above, or on our earlier post.
Today’s posture, like so many others, is a challenging one… Astavakrasana or Eight Angle. Good luck if you can master this one 🙂 As for us… maybe someday!
Laura Sykora making look easy-peasy…. love when she does yoga with her mini!
Yoga challenge day #17 – Run @ Scioto Mile & POGA
A few of our runners met @ Bicentennial Park to get in a pre-yoga run. We had hoped to get in 2.5 – 3 miles, but by the time we all found parking and laid our mats down for poga, we only had time to squeeze in 2. The area around the park, including the Scioto Mile, is a beautiful place to run! We first went along the skyline and of course, stopped to get a few pictures.
We then ran through downtown and felt very urban!! It was a good warm-up to our yoga class and we tracked it on the RUN FOR GOOD ap via Saucony. More on this to come!
POGA was fun as usual. It was through GoYoga, who is also running the Kid’s Yoga tomorrow @ Polaris. It was a hip-hop theme so there may have been some dancing and booty-pops going on during the sequences 🙂 A good time was had by all!
Today’s pose was kukkutasana. Laura Sykora demonstrates below…
Follow our yoga challenge from the beginning HERE.
Speaking of beginning, check out these inspirational quotes, borrowed from @baileyactive and @yogainspiration…
If you are new to yoga, why not take a 30 day challenge? Get yourself into the habit of practicing daily, even if it is just for 10 minutes? Kino of @kinoyoga stated, “Yoga is a daily personal practice that leads to the discovery of the inner self.”
Hope to see you in the next few days, either virtually… or even better, in person at one of the yoga events!