If you live in or around Columbus, you know the Columbus marathon and half marathon is a BIG deal. Its a fast, flat course with great crowd support.
We are giving away a FREE registration to Living Fit Columbus readers/runners on Wednesday, July 30th! This is a $90-$105 value!
The free entry is good for one registration to this year’s Columbus HALF or FULL marathon on Sunday, October 19th, 2014 @ 7:30AM.
You can enter up to TEN times!
- 1 entry – Comment on this blog post. You can tell us why you want to run it, how many times you’ve run it before, things you like about it or have heard about it, etc.
- 1 entry – LIKE our Facebook page, LIKE this post on the page and COMMENT on the post, answering this question; How many times per week do you run when training for a half or full?
- 1 entry – Post a photo on Instagram of anything fitness related [favorite cross-training activity, pre or post workout fuel, view from your run, etc] and tag it @tgellenbeck1 #livingfitcolumbus #columbusmarathon – Feel free to follow @tgellenbeck1 if you live in Columbus, but this is not a requirement of the entry 🙂
- 1 entry – Tweet your favorite running trail in or around Columbus to @tgellenbeck1 and @cbusmarathon
- 6 entries possible – Join us on one of our group runs this week!!
- 3 entries – join us Thursday @ 6:30PM in the Town lot of Historic Dublin [behind Starbucks] for a 3-4 mile run
- 3 entries – join us this Saturday @ 9AM at Winans Dublin for a 4+ mile run (Teresa will be out of town, Deedra will rally the troops)
- Feel free to email LivingFitColumbus@gmail.com if you have more questions about our group runs.
Deadline to enter is next Tuesday, July 29th at midnight. Winner will be announced Wednesday, July 30th. This gives time to those who don’t win [sorry!] to still register on the 31st before the next price increase.
Disclaimer: contest is only open to readers within the United States. Living Fit [Columbus] has not earned commission or kickbacks on this giveaway item.
This race is also more than just a race. It supports a great cause! From the Cbus marathon website,
“The Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus Marathon & ½ Marathon is about much more than running or walking an incredible distance. It’s about 24 Patient Champions whose stories, one at each mile will inspire you, one Angel Mile to honor, remember, and celebrate those who have already finished their race, and one Encore Mile for the patients who Participated in previous events.” Find out more about the Children’s Champions and how you can help HERE.
Good luck on the contest and please consider donating to the Children’s Champions [especially if you win a free entry :]
The Columbus Marathon was my first race ever and I have wanted to do it again ever since. Darris Blackford is an awesome race director, putting together one of the premier events in this part of the country. I’ve seen him at so many other races in Ohio gathering ideas and promoting the event. I qualified for Boston at the Columbus Marathon and the sign up for was the following day. I got in and made that my second race. I’d like to return as a test to see how far I have come in my training in the past 4 years. One of my favorite parts of the race was at the starting line, I remember getting really pumped up!
Thank you for your entry Jeffrey & congrats on Boston! We will announce the winner later today, hope to see you at the finish line!
I posted a tweet: https://twitter.com/FireRunner2379/status/493184874686472193.
I like your Facebook page, liked the post and also made a comment.
Reblogged this on Living Fit [Columbus] and commented:
Today is the last day to enter the Columbus Marathon Giveaway contest. Winner will be announced tomorrow and rates increase on Friday. Good luck!
I would love to run the Columbus Half. I have been training for mainly 5k races and want to challenge my race abilities.
Hi Sadie! Thanks for your comment! Our giveaway ended Tuesday and I’m posting the winner here shortly. But if you live in Columbus, come run/train with us!
LIKE our Facebook page, LIKE this post on the page – I normally train 5 day a week.