M3S Sports puts on amazing races in and around the Columbus area and they are one of our favorite event companies. We try to hit up as many as we can each year, and have a goal to conquer them all someday! Whether you are a runner, walker, or looking for volunteer hours, they host an event for you. Check out our M3S event recaps & blog posts on our M3S Sports page.
Upcoming races we are participating or volunteering
Although all M3S events are great, we have our favorites and ones we try to participate in each year, whether it be running, cheering or volunteering. Here are the four we have on our schedule for 2017…
Ohio Health Capital City Half & Quarter – April 29 **Sign up by MARCH 30th before the next $10 price increase**
FORE! Miler – May 25 **Sign up by March 30 before the next $5 price increase**
Ohio Health Emerald City Half & Quarter – August 27
The Ohio State Four Miler “Finish on the 50” – Oct 22
Why 4 miles?
Several of the well known M3S events are a four mile distance, contrary to the more common 5K & 10K options. In a past interview with M3S founder, David Babner, he stated that although he loves half marathons, the four mile distance has become a favorite as well. He literally ‘ran into the idea’ while running from Corozon to Glacier Ridge Park back to Corozon, the now popular Dublin route for the Flying Feather Four Miler. A four mile run for many people will give you over 30 minutes of run time… the recommended daily amount of physical activity as suggested by the American Heart Association!
Annually, we try to award M3S Sports race entries as giveaways and incentives for our readers, followers & runners. Here are some of our recent winners…
- Matt Baumgartner – Cap City winner via Living Fit Columbus 2017 Winter Challenge
- Lauren Carder – Cap City winner via @LivingFitColumbus Instagram giveaway
- Danielle Freeman – Cap City winner via @LivingFitColumbus Instagram giveaway
- Jen Martin – FORE! Miler winner via Living Fit Columbus 2017 Winter Challenge
We still have ONE Cap City and THREE Fore! Miler entries to award to our readers & runners!
We will be awarding one Cap City entry and two FORE! Miler entries at upcoming group runs. To be eligible for these giveaways you must…
- Follow Living Fit Columbus on Instagram, Twitter and FaceBook (preferably all three, but at least one)
- Be active on social media, having posted within the last week, preferably something relating to fitness (#LivingFitColumbus)
- Be willing to “promote” the race you won an entry to by posting something relating to training, etc on either Instagram, Twitter and/or FB within a week of the giveaway; tag Living Fit Columbus and M3S Sports
- Join us on one of our Spring kickoff runs…
- Saturday, April 8 @ 9AM – Run+Stretch+Shop+Giveaways – one entry for FORE Miler and one entry for Cap City will be awarded
- Thursday, April 13 @ 6:30PM – First Thursday run of the year! We meet in the Town Lot behind Starbucks in Historic Dublin and do a 3-4 mile social run. We typically meet on Thursdays April – October. One entry for the FORE Miler will be awarded.
Check back for more details on our spring events, as well as giveaway details.
Our last race entry giveaway will be for the FORE! Miler and details will be announced shortly via Instagram.
Hope to see you at one of our Spring events and of course, at all the M3S Sports events!