Take our RUN + YOGA Challenge!
If you missed our previous post about the synergy of running and yoga, that is a good place to start. A few of our Living Fit Columbus members started brainstorming ideas. We love running. We love [hot] yoga. And we love a good fitness challenge to keep us focused and motivated.
So take the challenge with us!
There are no prizes, just the satisfaction of finishing, perhaps pushing your body to new limits, and maybe a group photo at the end 🙂 We will be blogging and posting about it on our social media to help keep us all on target.
Some of us are also in the middle of Whitney Carlson’s 12 week Run Builder, so this could get interesting!
Not sure if you’re ready to tackle running? Or yoga? Need more motivation?
Check out more info on running & yoga below from FIT experts around Columbus;
- Running is one of best bang-for-your-buck-calorie-blasting workouts. We will be including more on WHY WE RUN during our monthly challenge. Check back to hear from our Living Fit and ptown members on #whyirun and check out Lan’s post HERE.
- Living Fit’s page, NEW RUNNERS ~ tips for new runners
- Benefits of Hill Training by Fleet Feet
- Lots more running educational information and resources from MIT
- From Studio 543 Yoga…
- BENEFITS OF YOGA: Your body is your gym! Using your body as a weight you will gain strength, flexibility, and endurance while building a long, lean, toned body!
- HOT YOGA =
- INCREASE METABOLISM + BURN FAT The heat increases your heart rate faster for an awesome cardiovascular workout. Your heart can work the same doing hot yoga as it does when running, while never leaving your mat you are burning calories and speeding up your metabolism.
- FLEXIBILITY: The heat allows you to safely reach new levels of flexibility, making you less prone to injury.
- DETOXIFICATION: The heat and humidity make you sweat more while flushing toxins from the body. Your skin will be glowing!
- From Harbor Yoga ~ Co-owner Heidi was a runner and athlete throughout her life and took up yoga to gain strength and flexibility. She has found that regular practice keeps her body strong and her mind happy. Co-owner Angie, as well as several other instructors, run in addition to their yoga practice.
So here goes…
The challenge is below, both a picture and pdf version.
YOGA + RUN challenge [PDF version]
You can add in your own variations of RUNS and YOGA sessions and mix up the days to fit your schedule. You can also check back with us to see what we are doing [can’t promise daily updates, but plan to post ideas, suggestions, etc!]
We will also be using Instagram for #yogamatters, #strikeapose and #whyirun ~ feel free to follow @tgellenbeck1 and/or tag your photos #livingfitcolumbus 🙂
Email LivingFitColumbus@gmail.com if you want to be on our e-blast, have questions, suggestions, or want the modifiable challenge file in Excel.
Let the challenge begin!
Disclaimer: We are NOT PROFESSIONAL runners or yogis, so make sure you check with your doctor and/or exercise professional for tips, advice, etc. We are just a group of fitness junkies who love a good challenge now and then 🙂
Just stumbled on your blog and thrilled that I did! I live in Columbus, and running + yoga are the two things that make me feel and look my best. I’ll definitely be participating in this challenge, and I hope to make it out to some events in September! Has the September newsletter been posted already?
Hi Jess! So glad you stumbled upon us 🙂 We only do newsletters May-Aug [mostly b/c I am also a high school teacher and get too busy!] but also b/c we have been using the blog more these last few months. Feel free to send us your email address and we can add you to our e-blasts. There is also a calendar link on the blog that we just added… we will be updating this each month! Hope to meet you!