Our third annual winter challenge kicked off yesterday! We had a great turnout for the RUN+YOGA event we helped put together @ Bend Active, with several of our Living Fit Run Club runners…
and lots of new faces too…
The eight week challenge helps us all stay motivated and accountable during the winter months, when outdoor runs become a challenge. Its all on an ‘honor’ system of various ways to earn & log points including;
- Keeping track of a point calendar each week [earn points by working out, drinking water, giving up sweets and motivating friends]
- Setting and meeting weekly personal fitness/wellness goals
- Completing weekly bonus challenges
It may seem like a lot of tedious point counting, but it works and it CAN be fun! Its evolved over the last few years and we’ve grown it this year to 30+ participants! Woo hoo!
This year we are also lucky enough to have several local businesses participating, offering support and even prizes. These businesses include;
- NOOMA [a clean, hydrating drink company based out of Cleveland]
- Harbor Yoga [one of our local favorites!]
- Bend Active [Fitness meets Fashion! – Yoga, running and comfy apparel for all!]
- Winans Dublin [Coffee & chocolate shop where our Saturday group runs start & finish]
You have to attend at least one Living Fit Columbus event to be eligible for prizes & this is the last week to enter! Make sure you email us at LivingFitColumbus@gmail.com if you’re interested in more details.
GOOD LUCK to all our participants! May the odds be ever in your favor!!
Photo/quote credit to: dafont.com
Check out all the weeks below…