Our 2017 Living Fit Columbus Winter Challenge kicked off yesterday! Bonus points could be earned by attending the Taste of Fitness, organized by the one and only Rachel of The Beauty Boost. It was an amazing morning full of fitness, friends, new faces, refreshments (juice, coffee, peanut butter protein balls and more!) and a plethora of vendors & brands from the Columbus fit community. Here are a few quick iPhone pics, check back for a full recap soon!
The eight week challenge helps us all stay motivated during the blah Ohio winter and even has prizes at the end from some great local companies including Bend Active, The Beauty Boost, LeenaBee Photography, Zest, Columbus Running Co and more.
One of the challenges will focus on 2017 fitness goal setting so start thinking now! Some of mine include….
- Continue to work towards & reflect upon my ongoing Fitness Bucket List…
- Running & racing // run my first post-partum half marathon – time to get back in the saddle, Maddie Jane is almost 11 months old! Also meet my Personal Fitness Challenge goal of 300 miles in 6 months (approx 12 miles per week)
- Running education // reading & learning about running in order to be a better run crew leader (informal run coach!), follow bloggers, Runner’s World magazine, running books & maybe recaps for the blog
- Yoga // incorporate into weekly routine, make progress on inversions & overall flexibility, add another state to the list
- Inspiring fitness // continue blogging, IGing and hopefully inspiring others to live a fit & active lifestyle!
- Shed the last 10 pounds of this baby weight as Maddie Jane stops nursing – then focus on overall health & strength (as opposed to weight loss)
Hope you’ll join our winter challenge… or at least follow along! Happy 2017!