This year is the 15th anniversary of the Cap City Half Marathon and will be my fourth time at the event. I really love this race and was honored when asked to be an ambassador and “Voice of Cap City” for 2018’s event! David Babner, Cap City race director, refers to this race as “the best tour of Columbus on two feet” and I would agree. What better way to view our city than a two hour jog through the streets! I have made a lot of great memories and met some amazing people along the miles of the Cap City events…
Year #1 – Cap City Half 2008 – Lifetime Fitness Run Club // Coached a few runners and helped them finish under 2 hours! Also ran 5 miles before the race, as I was training for my first full marathon in Cleveland later that spring… this was my longest run to date, 18.1 miles total! The race was fun and we had a blast at the finish line. Do I look 10 years younger in this pic? Wait, don’t answer that…
Year #2 – Cap City Half 2014 – Living Fit Columbus Run Crew // I took a few years off from Columbus races as I was traveling around, conquering various states. After having my first baby in 2013, traveling the country became less feasible so I circled back to my roots. My BFF Katie ran this with me as her first half marathon, along with several other friends and my mom, who managed to carry a packH2O for 13.1 miles. Great race, even better after party. See our full image gallery HERE. Speaking of images, crazy how the iPhone camera quality has gotten so much better over the years!
Year #3 – Cap City Quarter 2017 – Living Fit Run Crew // My hubby & bff’s hubby helped me chase down a new PR! We “weathered the storm” and finished the quarter before the race got called and were enjoying our VIP privileges as the storm rolled in. Check out our full recap and media gallery HERE.
Year #4 –> Cap City 2018! // There are so many amazing people and groups of runners training for this race. Below are just a few, jump in and join them for a group run!
- Our Living Fit Columbus crew // There are several of us signed up for the quarter or half distances & they better be ready for lots of photos!
- Voices of Cap City ambassadors – We will all be there before, during and after the race – come find us! Say hello!
- Rise Fitness Community – their Rise Run Club half marathon crew, lead by run coach Sara Warren
- Columbus Running Company [Dublin] – free group runs, advanced training options & helpful tips from “Coach Eric” along the way
- System of Strength “Team Tread” – new this year & already kicking a*s!
- Drayer Physical Therapy challenge – three PTs at my therapy location are challenging some PTs at the other Cbus location… more info and updates to come!
I’m so excited for this race, but even more so, the after party. 🙂 I originally was training to run the half & break two hours with a couple friends and I’m hoping that is still feasible. As I work through a glute/hip injury… we shall see! If I can just get to the finish line, I’ll be happy… that VIP experience is top notch!
Today is the last day to sign up before the next price hike… so get registered if you haven’t already! I can promise you a great sweat, a fun event & a memorable experience. Use our code 18VOCLivingFit for $10 off and we’ll see you at the after-party!