A healthy, EASY recipe… a family tradition!
- One and a half pounds large uncooked shrimp (the size we like are 26/30 shrimp per pound; approx $23 for wild shrimp @ Whole Foods)
- 2 Tb Old Bay Seasoning (30% less sodium)
- 2 Tb Apple Cider Vinegar
Add seasoning and vinegar to pot of water.
Bring water to boil.
Cook 3 minutes or until pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK or they become chewy!
Feeds about 4. Delicious!
Peggy’s Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium ketchup
- 4 Tb worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup horseradish – add more of this if you want it to be spicy
- 2 Tb lemon juice
Measurements are estimated, she’s been making it so long, she just throws it all in a bowl!
Each week we will feature a [healthy] recipe. Send ideas if you have any and check out previous recipes in our Weekly Recipes section.
About the chef: Peggy has degrees in both Nutrition & Chemistry and sees cooking as both an Art and a Science! She lives a FIT lifestyle and will be featured in the ‘Fit over Fifty’ section of the FIT Spotlight in the future.