It was group run day. Group one did 3 miles easy and group two did 4 miles, a little bit faster. A great run for everyone! No matter your pace or distance, we always say… “Anything is better than nothing!”
At the end of the run, we stretched it out (along with a few high fives) and everyone went their separate ways.
On running days, yoga often takes the form of stretching either before and/or after the run. Today’s sequence comes from Yoga for Runners from LoveLifeSurf.com ~
- Forward fold/ragdoll (lower back and hamstrings)
- Downward dog (hamstrings, calves, ankles, shoulders)
- One legged dog/downward dog split (bend at knee to open hip flexors)
- Downward dog twist (hamstring and side of body)
- Triangle pose (hamstrings, calves, hips, IT band, outer shins)
- Lizard and/or Pigeon (hips!)
The #independencearmy challenge is Side Crow. Check out one of our very own ptown run club members, Lan, rocking it after our group run tonight!
Here’s a quote to close the night with… whether you are just getting into running, you are a newbie yogi or maybe entering the fitness scene all together…
Don’t forget this! We all start somewhere.
Follow our yoga challenge from the beginning by visiting our first post HERE.