Been busy! DIY home projects & remodeling, a photography business and mostly hanging out with my little man. He will be 2 1/2 at the end of this month and I literally can’t get enough of him lately. Visiting parks, the zoo, hiking, new adventures… we are having so much fun!
Anyhow, been thinking a lot lately about what really matters in life. I start to feel guilty that I haven’t finished the laundry, haven’t blogged… haven’t showered [I’d like to say this is a joke, but I think I was a hippie in my former life!] Then an excerpt from Bella Mumma showed up in my IG feed and I instantly pushed all the guilt aside.
So after spending some time on her site, visiting a few others and reflecting on what is important in my family’s life, this list was developed. More of a work in progress than something to be printed and framed, but hopefully insightful nonetheless!
- Spend time with family. As much as you can.
- Call your mom. Or aunt. Or old friend. Brighten someone’s day.
- Build relationships. Friends, family, neighbors, co-workers… “People with strong and broad social relationships are happier, healthier and live longer” according to Action for Happiness.
- Do something for yourself. Maybe a run, maybe a manicure. Something JUST. FOR. YOU.
- Take lots of pictures. They can be turned into awesome art work, make great gifts & will provide memories later in life.
- Exercise and take care of your body.
- Drink lots of water. SO many benefits.
- Spend time with a young child or elderly person. They find joy in the little things and it is refreshing.
- Pray. Maybe for yourself, maybe for someone else. Just pray.
- Do something kind for someone else. Even better, don’t let them know you did it.
- Stay in your pajamas all day.
- Create a bucket list. now. do it.
- Visit a new place. Or maybe ten! We are doing a summer park tour, up to 16 already!
- Find a local coffee shop to frequent. Bring some friends!
- Fresh flowers will make most people smile.
- Learn as much as you can! Perhaps a formal education, perhaps personal growth. Read books, visit sites, interview experts, practice your craft, etc.
- Send letters and thank you’s. Everyone loves to get mail, no matter how 21st century-ish they say they are.
- Go to bed early and wake up early. Enjoy some coffee and the beautiful sunrise.
- Stay up late and do something crazy. Like blogging at 1AM.
- Get plenty of sleep. Take [guilt free] naps when you need them.
- Be kind to everyone you meet. Kind is the new pretty.
- Chase your dreams. Run fast.
- Take a mental health day. And repeat #11.
- Travel & create new adventures.
- Stay positive & optimistic. Health benefits! Find joy in all things and laugh as often as possible.
Off to work on #20 and get some zzzzzzs!
For more ideas, visit some of these great sources:
- lululemon athletica manifesto
- BellaMumma.com – Reminder Must Dos for a Happy Life
- The Simply Luxurious Life
- Action for Happiness
Photocredits to Pinterest, Google Images, LeenaBee Photography