[by T Gellenbeck]
Happy almost new year! Hope you survived the holiday cookies and meals and are still on track with your fitness regime!
I am safely into my third trimester and anticipating 2016 very much, due to both a new addition to our family (late Feb!) and getting back to the fitness scene this spring/summer. I have had some previous pregnancy complications and medically am considered ‘high risk’ so I’ve been taking it easy the last few months. I try to take walk dates with my FitBit or do some slow flow yoga or light weights here and there, but for the most part my main source of exercise has been chasing around our almost-three-year-old. He will keep you active, you can borrow him anytime to see ~ toddlers NEVER seem to run out of energy! Although I’ve been enjoying some rest from running & hot yoga, I definitely miss the fitness scene and all my cbus pals. I see fitness posts all over my social media feeds… friends checking into yoga classes, raising money and participating in road races for a cause and volunteering at local fitness events. I feel like I’m living vicariously through them and inspired by them daily, in awe of their motivation and commitment to living a fit lifestyle.
I’m not a huge resolution maker, but I do like to set fitness goals each year, so its time to start thinking about it! Last year our runners set MILES & MATS goals… check them out to get some inspiration.
–> 2015 Miles & Mats <–
Although I won’t be making any personal goals until after we settle in with the new little one, I certainly plan to be more active in 2016 and tackle some of my 2015 Miles & Mats goals.
So what are your plans for 2016?
Here are some ideas to get your brain and body moving…
- Kick off the year with a juice cleanse from Native or your favorite juice bar (been wanting to check out Vitality right here in Dublin)
- Participate in the Ohio Health First on the First 5K or sign up for a future race to train for
- Check out a different yoga studio or return to your favorite one… some of our regular spots are Harbor, Thank & VPower
- Try a new fitness routine, something to get that body moving! Orange Theory Fitness has locations all over Columbus and will be starting a Columbus Weight Loss Challenge on Jan 11. I personally can’t wait to try System of Strength once I’m back on the wagon!
- Buy some snazzy gear – we love lululemon, Bend Active and Columbus Running Company
- Try a new healthy recipe – some of our go-to sources are Cbus local WholeLivingLauren.com and also HeAndSheEatClean.com
- Get inspired by following other fit lovers’ blogs (see our fav list HERE) or Instagram feeds
Whatever your goals & resolutions are, be sure to make time to “fill your bucket” with things that give you a positive outlook, balance and renewed energy. Hope to see you on the mat or trails in the new year!