Happy New Year! It’s that time of year when most of us start reflecting back on the previous 12 months, all that you’ve accomplished, the memories you made and possibly, the things you wanted to do… but didn’t quite get to.
Some of my favorite 2018 fitness memories include running in over 10 cities, completing my 18th half marathon, hiking the Smoky & Rocky Mountains and finishing a two mile race with my 5 year old (hoping for a 5K in 2019!)
Most of my frustrating moments involved an ongoing injury and at least temporarily, postponing PR & bucket list goals. Thankful for medical professionals (think doctors, PTs and chiropractors) and emotional support from family and running buddies. 🙂
Then as the new year rolls in, we start looking forward on all we hope to accomplish. Perhaps you’re cleaning out closets & drawers – have you seen the series, “Tidying Up?!” Maybe you’re planning to spend more time on discovering your passions or reading (Girl, Wash Your Face!) or making a travel bucket list & budget. Or if you’re a distance runner, you’re likely choosing races and training schedules.
What are your 2019 goals?
Do you have a short list or long one?
Here are some we’ve thrown around on recent group runs.
- Stay healthy and run for fun – although racing and training are great, listening to your body and knowing when to “go easy” is just as important
- Do more yoga, barre and cross training – a stronger body can help prevent injury & help you run faster
- Attend a variety of group runs – new routes and new friends!
- Try a new workout or local studio – we recently visited and loved the new Shred 415 in Dublin and plan to check out many more in 2019! Visit our Tour of Columbus area to see some of our favorites over the years.
- Try a new race, event or new destination – we are planning to do the Flying Pig 10K as a girls’ destination weekend… maybe another?
- Register for an “old favorite” – we are running Cap City again this April and can’t wait! Stay tuned for our 2019 Road to Cap City Training Challenge and details regarding kick off events. And if you haven’t yet registered, use our Cap City discount code LIVINGFITCOLUMBUS for $10 off your registration!
Check out some of our previous posts related to fitness & wellness Goal Setting and if you’re a momma, take a minute to read Rachel Hollis’s post “How to Have a Dream and Be a Parent.” You’ll be left feeling inspired and ready to tackle the new year.
Good luck working towards your 2019 goals & dreams!